The Institute for Neuroscience is launching a Postdoctoral Programme linked to the 2018-22 “Severo Ochoa” Award for Spanish Centres of Excellence. The Severo Ochoa Postdoctoral Fellowships are available for researchers of all nationalities. The institution seek exceptional and highly motivated young investigators interested in working in any of the priority research lines of the Strategic Plan.
The objectives of the institute is to develop different scientific activities in addition to research, such as a PhD Program, conferences and seminars, and to establish and manage common services and budgets. See details below for more information.
It is awarded to pursue a postdoctoral degree programme.
Field Of study:
Fellowship is awarded in various research areas.
Appointed postdoctoral researchers will receive an employment contract with a gross annual salary of € 29,000-35,000, depending on experience, and will pursue their research in a highly collaborative environment without teaching duties.
Number Of Scholarships:
The present call offers up to 6 Postdoctoral fellowships each with a duration of 2 years.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Students from all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Severo Ochoa Postdoctoral Fellowships:
You can be eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an experienced researchers with a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must have completed his/her PhD before the application deadline.
- Mobility (i.e. not having carried out her/his main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline) will be appreciated and positively evaluated.
- Applicants must have a good command of English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Before submitting the application, potential applicants should contact and get the support of a Principal Investigator of one of the research teams in the IN. (see full list at: https://bit.ly/E7rx6l). This commitment is required for submitting the application.
The following documents have to be submitted exclusively by email to [email protected]:
- A written support of the Principal Investigator of the IN host lab.
- A short CV (please downloads and uses the model format).
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page, min. font size 11 pt.).
- A brief description of the 2-yr project, which must fit at least one of the topics defined in the Strategic Plan*(max. 2 pages, min. font size 11 pt.).
- Two letters of support.
Application Closing Date:
15 November 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/