The Head of Department, Department of Biological Sciences, and University of Cape Town is awarding Smuts Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowships for the year 2018. Hurry now and apply for the R190 000 Department Of Biological Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships. This fellowship is available for South Africans.
The object of the Fellowship is to enable a person who has exhibited proficiency in independent research to undertake study and research in systematic botany and geographical distribution of South African flora, these being the branches of Botany in which General Smuts was most keenly interested. The possibility of work on other aspects of the South African flora is not excluded. See details below for more information on how to apply.
Fellowships are available to study Postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
Fellowship is awarded in systematic botany and geographical distribution of South African flora, these being the branches of Botany in which General Smuts was most keenly interested.
Fellowship is valued at R190 000 for 12 months. The award does not include any benefits and is normally exempt from taxation.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Fellowship is open to South African students.
Eligibility For The R190 000 Department Of Biological Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicant must be a South African student who is capable of carrying out its objective and materially advancing the knowledge of the South African flora.
- Applicants must Possess a PhD degree which has been obtained no more than five years ago. Eligible
- Applicants may not have previously held any academic or professional permanent positions.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applications will be considered by a sub-committee in the Department of Biological Sciences. Applications must be submitted electronically to: The Head of Department, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cape Town (head.biologicalsciences-at-uct.ac.za).
Attach the following documents:
- Research Proposal (maximum 5000 words).
- Full curriculum vitae and list of publications.
- Three reports from referees. The referees must be requested to email the references directly to the head of department at the email address shown below.
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts and degree certificates.
- Written endorsement by the host (principal investigator; normally a permanent staff at UCT or SANBI) of the proposed project. To be emailed directly to the head of department.
Information on faculty structure and academic departments may be found on the UCT website at http://www.uct.ac.za
Application Closing Date:
October 12, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/