DAAD is inviting application for the Study Scholarships For Foreign Graduates in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film, to study in Germany for the year 2018/2019. This scholarship is available for foreign students. DAAD also promote internationalisation efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programmes abroad. Our Artists-in-Berlin Program is one of the most renowned international scholarship programmes for artists. See details below for more information.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film.
The award covers the following:
- A monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Foreign students are wligible to apply.
Eligibility For The Study Scholarships For Foreign Graduates:
To be eligible, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- A complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice (not an undergraduate course).
- Applicants in the fields of Fine Art, Film, Design, Visual Communication and Film should have a knowledge of the language of instruction which corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship. If you do not yet have the language skills required by the university at the time of your application, your application should indicate the extent to which you are in a position to reach the required level. After you have been awarded a scholarship, take advantage of the funding opportunities described under “Value”.
This programme only funds projects in the artistic and creative area. Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the field of History of Art or Art Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants must complete the application online through the DAAD portal and send the necessarydocuments by post to the specified application address.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
. Documents to be uploaded:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal interest for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
Master’s degree/postgraduate study programme leading to a final qualification:
- Form “Information about your preferred master programmes”
- If available: Letter of acceptance from the host university.
Applicants who do not have a letter of acceptance at the time of application, must apply to the university for this in good time and subsequently submit the confirmation letter before the scholarship-supported study programme begins.
Please note: You are responsible for ensuring that you apply for admission at the host university by the due date and that a Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD only becomes valid if you are admitted to your chosen host university.
Also for all applicants:
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- Proof of German language proficiency according to the European Framework of References for Languages or the Test-DaF for study programmes in German.
- Proof of English language proficiency according to the requirements of the chosen study programme in English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS).
- The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
- A list of all work that has been cited as samples (see daad.de/extrainfo) with detailed information (size, date of creation, place, etc.)
- A declaration that the works of art have been produced or created by the applicant or the names of those persons involved in producing collaborative pieces of work. In the case of collaborative work or projects, the applicant’s own contribution must be marked as such or appropriately described.
Please do not upload any work samples and/or portfolios to the DAAD portal!
Application Closing Date:
November 30, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/