The Zukunftskolleg an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) is inviting applications for the 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowships. The Zukunftskolleg provides researchers with a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. The Zukunftskolleg IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships is available for eligible international students.
Fellowships are aimed at researchers (at early stage for the 2- year and at advanced stage for the 5-year candidates), which do not yet hold a tenured position. See details below for more information on how to apply
Fellowships are available to study Postdoctoral degree prpgramme.
Field Of study:
The call for Fellowships is open to all disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
The Fellowship position comprises a fixed-term employment contract with the University of Konstanz for two (2-year Postdoctoral Fellowship) or five years (5-year Research Fellowship) according to the salary scale of the Collective Public Sector Labour Agreement of the German Federal States (TV-L West). Contracts will be offered a full position (100 %) in pay scale E13 for 2-year Fellows and pay scale E14 for 5- year Fellows. The Zukunftskolleg provides them with a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. Each fellow receives an annual research allowance, e.g. for funding research assistants or equipment. Furthermore, the Zukunftskolleg gives financial support for start-up, consumables and travel costs, and assists in developing academic skills.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Zukunftskolleg IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships:
To be successful, the following must be met:
- Must have a doctoral degree and have acquired two years of postdoctoral research experience at most
- Cannot hold an academic permanent position, a professorship, or have an habilitation or equivalent (“venia legendi”)
- Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz
- Applicants with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible.
- Applicants must have a good command of English. Fluency in Germany is not mandatory.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To complete the application, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Application form
- Letter of interest
- Project outline
- Copies of all relevant degree certificates
- Writing Sample
- Two reference letter
- Two Peer Reviewers
- A Local Host
Application Closing Date:
October 15, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/