The La Trobe University is pleased to announce the availability of PhD Scholarship with an Industry Focus in Exercise Sciences in Australia. $27,082 PhD Scholarship With An Industry Focus In Exercise Sciences are available for well qualified international students. This research project focuses on evaluating the high-performance training in the AFL Victoria’s academy program with the aim of developing, implementing and leading a high-performance program to promote and optimise player performance. Successful applicants will work under the supervision of Associate Professor Michael Kingsley, so you don’t need to find a supervisor. See details below for more information.
It is awarded to pursue a PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarship is awarded an Industry Focus in Exercise Sciences. This research project focuses on evaluating the high-performance training in the AFL Victoria’s academy program with the aim of developing, implementing and leading a high-performance program to promote and optimise player performance. It will contribute to and evaluate the program’s ability to support a competitive high-performance environment for the region’s talented youth Australian rules football players to reach their full athletic potential.
The scholarship covers the following:
- A La Trobe PhD Scholarship for 3.5 years, with a value of $27,082 per annum (2018 rate)
- A fee-relief scholarship (LTU-FFRS) for up to four years for international applicants
- Academic supervision provided by La Trobe
- Industry supervision and mentoring provided by AFL Victoria
- Opportunities to work with AFL Victoria staff, and build professional and community networks in the sector
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers
- Access to La Trobe’s suite of professional development programs.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The $27,082 PhD Scholarship With An Industry Focus In Exercise Sciences:
Prospective students who meet the following conditions are qualified to apply:
- First class honours degree in Exercise Science or equivalent
- International applicants: Meet La Trobe’s English language entry requirements
- Applicant must meet the university entry English language requirement
- Accreditation as an Exercise Scientist or equivalent
- Accreditation with Australian Strength and Conditioning Association or equivalent
- Applicants must demonstrate experience in athlete performance monitoring
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To apply, applicants must adhere strictly to the following steps:
Submit an application for the scholarship and PhD candidature by 17 October 2018:
- Follow the instructions on how to apply
- In your application, indicate clearly that you wish to be considered for the PhD with An Industry Focus with Bendigo Pioneers
If your application is successful and you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and AFL Victoria.
La Trobe will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship. We anticipate that shortlisted applicants will be advised of the outcome by 30 November 2018 and that the successful applicant will commence candidature by December 2018.
Application Closing Date:
October 17, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/