The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) has announce the Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship starting in October 1, 2019 or November 1, 2019 (at the choice of the student). The €6,319.49 Research Foundation-Flanders (FWO) Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship is intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career. Interested students should see details below on how to apply.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
Successful applicants will study the courses offered by the university.
The fellowship offers a minimum € 4,053.81 – maximum € 6,319.49.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Citizens of Belgium are invited to apply.
Eligibility For The € 6,319.49 Research Foundation-Flanders (FWO) Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship:
To be considered, the following must be demonstrated:
- Applicant must hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- Interested applicant can apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship if their PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before October, 1 of the year in which the fellowship would start, or will be obtained at Jun 1 of that year at the latest
- Applicants who have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part) are eligible.
- Applicant can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- Applicant can always apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship if he/she have previously enjoyed a junior postdoctoral fellowship. In that case, the senior postdoctoral fellowship must immediately follow the junior postdoctoral fellowship.
- Applicants who have not had a postdoctoral fellowship from the FWO before can apply. In that case, you must prove that you have a postdoctoral research experience of minimum of 2 years on the first of October of the year in which the fellowship commences. (declaration by the Flemish host intuition)
- Applicant must agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Transitional measures (if you already applied for a postdoc at FWO earlier)
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Mode of application is online.
Application Closing Date:
December 3, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/