UNHCR, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is inviting applications for Chevening Scholarship for Master’s Degree in the United Kingdom for 2019/2020. This scholarship is available for Syrian/Palestinian students. Fully Funded Chevening Scholarship For Master’s Program is aimed at developing future leaders and influencers, academics and social activists who want to serve their communities. See details below for more information.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Field Of study:
It is available in any discipline.
The scholarship covers the following:
- Study costs are fully funded (conditions apply for MBA programmes);
- The cost of living is fully paid in the form of a monthly salary for the whole study period;
- You can apply for a Master’s Degree in the UK for one academic year;
- There is no age limit but applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Syrian/Palestinian students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Fully Funded Chevening Scholarship For Master’s Program:
To be qualified, applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants must be a citizens of one of the countries covered by the grant and not a holder of the British citizenship. Syrian/Palestinian students holding Syrian travel documents and residing inside or outside Syria are entitled to apply for the scholarship (with the exception of refugee students in countries that are not covered by the Chevening Scholarship
- Applicant must have completed their Bachelor’s degree (undergraduate studies) before the deadline for submissions of the application
- Applicants must demonstrate two years of practical experience, whether volunteering, part-time or full-time. The applicant must prove that he or she has completed 2,800 hours of work, equivalent to two years (of five working days per week);
- English language certificate
- You are not (nor have you been) a beneficiary of any educational grants from the Government of the UK to study in the UK.
- In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019. We advise all applicants to ensure they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
- Taking an English language test
- Claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Mode of application is online
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- Two referees who know you in a professional or academic capacity
Please note that if you are shortlisted for an award, you will be required to log into the online application system and request a reference from your referees. The request will generate an email to the referees and they will need to submit the reference by Monday, 25 February 2019. If your referees do not submit by this deadline, you will be unable to proceed with an interview.
Application Closing Date:
November 6, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/