Apply for Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarships in the year 2019 at Maynooth University in Ireland. This fellowship is available for international students in which they will receive stipend valued at €16K Scholarship. The purpose of the fellowship is to provide funding for international students to complete their PhDs. The PhD fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis and applicants will be expected to demonstrate both a strong academic background and aptitude for social sciences research. Interested students should see below on how to apply for the fellowship.
Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Field Of study:
Fellowships are awarded to study Intersectional Analysis of Gender Equality in Higher Education Institutions. The PhD will be a four-year structured doctoral programme in a social science discipline.
Stipend: €16K Scholarship (€9K stipend + €1K costs + €6K fees).
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are invited to perticipate for the fellowship.
Eligibility For The Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarships:
Tobe successful, the following must be met:
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in MA in Sociology, Education, Women’s Studies, Law, Anthropology, Social Policy, Geography or related social sciences discipline
- Applicant must have extensive Knowledge and experience undertaking Intersectional Gender Analysis (ideally in a Higher Education setting), Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Report Writing.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to undertake independent research, demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team and strong communication skills.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To apply, send the necessary documents listed below:
- Current CV, indicating your research experience
- Two academic references
- A research proposal (limited to three pages)
- A letter of intent, and a sample of your writing (essay, chapter from dissertation, article, etc.)
Send to Professor Linda Connolly, Chair of the Maynooth University Athena SWAN Steering Group and Director of the Maynooth University Social Sciences Institute, via email to mussi-at-mu.ie The letter of intent should be limited to two pages and it should outline:
- Reasons for application
- Previous training and research experience
- Interest in area of research
Enquiries regarding eligibility, the application process and any other aspect of the competition should be sent by email to Professor Linda Connolly, Chair of the Maynooth University Athena SWAN Steering Group and Director of the Maynooth University Social Sciences Institute [email protected] prior to the closing date.
Application Closing Date:
November 30, 2018