Applications are currently been invited at the National University of Ireland for a new post-doctoral level scholar award for early career researchers. The National University Of Ireland Fulbright Scholar Award for 2018/2019 is to enable researchers to complete post-doctoral or professional research or lecturing in the United States for a period ranging from 3 months to a maximum of 12 months. This Scholarship is available to Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years, to complete postdoctoral or professional research or lecturing for a period of 3 months up to 1 year. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is available for Post-doctoral degree.
Field Of study:
Successful students will study the courses offered.
Awards comprise of:
- A monetary grant that is based on the location and duration of the award
- Accident and emergency insurance.
- Cultural and professional programming. All successful applicants will be required to attend a pre-departure orientation in Dublin.
- A requirement to submit reports.
- And J-1 visa administration. Awardees MUST comply with THE TWO-YEAR HOME-COUNTRY RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT associated with the J-1 visa. Awardees will not be eligible for a U.S. residency or work visa until they have fulfilled the J-1 visa two-year home residency requirement.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
This Scholarship is available to Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland.
Eligibility For The National University Of Ireland Fulbright Scholar Award:
You may be eligible to apply if:
- Are fluent fluent in English
- You possess a PhD or five or more years relevant professional experience
- You are an Irish citizen, or E.U. citizen living in ROI for the past 3+ years
- You are not a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S.
- You do not already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic and personal excellence, a strong rationale for going to the U.S., a robust program of study or research, strong leadership skills or potential, and an understanding and commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbright.
Please note that a number of sponsored awards have more specific eligibility criteria, see the relevant sponsored award flyer for details.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants can choose one of the following four categories of Fulbright Scholar Awards:
- Lecturing: If the primary purpose of the project is to teach or team-teach at least one full semester course. Applicants will be required to submit course syllabi
- Research: If the primary purpose of the project is to conduct research. Applicants will be required to submit a research bibliography
- Lecturing/Research: If the project will include significant portions of both lecturing and research as defined above. Candidates will be required to outline both activities in their project statement, as well as submit course syllabi and a research bibliography
- The Fulbright-HRB Health Impact Award allows professionals to undertake research or professional development
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE as soon as the application period opens. We will then issue you the link to the online application system (known as Embark) and the Irish instructions for application.
Application Closing Date:
November 06, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/