The University of Waterloo is calling for applications for $17,500 Tri-Agency CGS M Scholarships to pursue graduate/masters degree program at Waterloo University for 2019 intake. The CGS M scholarship provides non-renewable financial support of $17,500 paid across three full-time academic terms to high-calibre scholars who are engaged in eligible masters or, in some cases, doctoral programs in Canada.
The objective of the Program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who havea high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is available to pursue Graduate/Masters degree program.
Field Of study:
Successful students will learn the courses offered by the university.
Up to $17,500in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Canadian students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The $17,500 Tri-Agency CGS M Scholarships:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada in order to apply. It is the applicant’s responsibility to confirm that the minimum eligibility criteria of this award is satisfied before they begin the application process by reviewing the complete eligibility and selection criteria on the official CGS M website.
- Students may identify a maximum of three institutions where they would like their application to be considered. The scholarship is not portable from one institution to another – applicants must submit their application to the institution at which they intend to hold the scholarship.
- Given the limited quota of awards available (refer to above), Waterloo is required to be strategic in determining the selected recipients and as such the selection process within Waterloo tends to be quite rigorous.
- In order to provide guidance to potential applicants, GSPA has analyzed the characteristics of successful applicants from the previous four years. Students who are considering applying for a CGS M should vet their current academic achievements against those described here to assess their competitiveness in this competition.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
- Confirm eligibility
- Apply for Admission to a Graduate Program at Waterloo
Students requiring international transcripts:
- Read the application instructions
- Select and contact referees
- Research Proposals
- Create an account within the research portal
- Create a Common CV account
- Submit the application in the Research Portal
Application Closing Date:
December 1, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/