The National Chapter of Canada IODE initiated War Memorial Doctoral Scholarships in 1918 to commemorate Canadians who sacrificed their lives for peace and freedom. Be the first to apply for the IODE War Memorial Doctoral Scholarships before closing date. Up to three scholarships of $20,000 each will be offered for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Initially, bursaries were granted to children of men and women who lost their lives or who were permanently disabled while fighting for Canada. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is available to pursue a doctoral degree program.
Field Of study:
Successful students will study the subjects offered.
$20,000 each will be offered for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Canadian students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The IODE War Memorial Doctoral Scholarships:
To be successful, the following must be met:
- Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen
- Applicant must hold a first degree from a Canadian university
- Applicant must be enrolled in at least the second year of a doctoral program
- Applicant must demonstrate financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and,
- Must also demonstrate leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should apply online.
- Letter of Intent to Apply must be received by IODE Canada on or before 1 October 2018
- Complete Application must be received by IODE Canada on or before 15 November 2018
All correspondence and supporting documents must be submited on or before the specified deadline dates to the IODE War Memorial Officer.
By regular mail at IODE Canada, 40 Orchard View Blvd. Suite 219, Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
The applicant’s name must appear on all pages submitted in hard copy by mail and in the subject line of all email messages.
Application Closing Date:
November 15, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/