The Healthy Brains for Healthy Lives (HBHL) is inviting applications for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program starting as early as March 1, 2019, and no later than October 1, 2019 at McGill University in Canada. The competition is open to both Canadian and foreign applicants. The HBHL Postdoctoral Fellowship Program For Canadian And Foreign Applicants aims to recruit top postdoctoral fellows from across disciplines and around the world to participate in interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral research training opportunities related to brain and mental health research, knowledge translation/mobilization and innovation. See details below for more information.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
HBHL’s Postdoctoral Fellowships Program aims to recruit top postdoctoral fellows from across disciplines and around the world to participate in interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral research training opportunities related to brain and mental health research, knowledge translation/mobilization and innovation.
Each fellowship is 60,000 CAD (+benefits) per year.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Number Of Scholarships:
Up to 8 fellowships will be awarded in this round.
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Canadian and foreign students arewelcome to apply.
Eligibility For The HBHL Postdoctoral Fellowship Program For Canadian And Foreign Applicants:
To be qualified for the competition, the foowing must be met:
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD or equivalent (including a recognized health professional degree plus a medical specialty) at a university or institution other than McGill University. In certain circumstances an HBHL postdoctoral fellowship may be awarded to an applicant who is staying at McGill within the same research environment where they completed their PhD or equivalent. In such cases, a solid justification must be provided. Examples of valid justifications are scientific reasons (e.g., availability of specialized equipment/infrastructure or candidate’s unique expertise), medical reasons (e.g., proximity to required health care facilities), or family reasons (e.g., family obligations, a spouse’s career) which make it necessary to remain at McGill for both the PhD or equivalent and postdoctoral studies.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD or equivalent by the award start date, and no more than 2 years prior to the award start date. The window of eligibility may be extended by a cumulative maximum of two years if the applicant had their career interrupted for reasons such as parental leave, illness and health-related family responsibilities. Please describe and justify any delay that would qualify you for an extension of the eligibility period.
- The competition is open to both Canadian and foreign applicants. Candidates may consult the [email protected] Researcher Database to identify potential supervisors and contact them directly. However, potential supervisors are not limited to those in this database.
- The proposed research project must be aligned with HBHL’s goals and research priorities and tie in to at least one of HBHL’s four Research Themes.
- Applicants must be registered as a Postdoc at McGill University by the start date of the award. Successful applicants will be considered Postdoctoral Researchers (Group C).
- The applicant cannot concurrently hold an HBHL award and a fellowship from another Canadian federal or provincial funding agency, or a McGill internal fellowship. However, fellowships from private foundations or organizations may be held concurrently.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The application package is available on the HBHL website. Applicants must apply online to receive a link by email to upload the completed form and attachments (in PDF format) before January 10, 2019, 5:00 pm EST. The supervisor and referees will also receive a link by email to upload their letters of recommendation.
Application Closing Date:
January 10, 2019
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/