Government of Finland is currently offering partially funded scholarships to international Students of Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Ukraine and the USA are eligible to apply for these scholarships to undertake 3-9 months for doctoral level studies and research.
To be eligible for this scholarships, candidates are to apply for admission into any Finnish Universities or Public Research Institutes, applicants are selected based on qualification/merit. Please see full criteria below.
Value of the scholarships:
- A monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland. Please see the section ‘Practical matters‘ for information on the practicalities of coming to Finland as an international student/researcher.
How To Apply:
Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool. The announcements for the opening of the annual application round are usually sent out from CIMO at the end of September annually. Documents required for an application:
- A completed and signed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of latest diplomas
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- Invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland
- Language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English) or other indication of sufficient language skills – please see above, in the section ‘Eligibility criteria’
Copies of original diplomas accompanied with translations into English, Finnish or Swedish – if the original certificates are not in these languages. Preferably official translations. Please do not send in any originals as CIMO will not return any application documents.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018. Details: Study in Finland website.