GENES will foster diversity and gender equity at the workplace. Therefore, women and persons from underprivileged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
The scholarship award is open for MSc and PhD students only
Field of study:
Scholarships are awarded to study Mobility for plant genomics scholars to accelerate climate-smart adaptation options and food security in Africa / GENES.
Host Country of Scholarship:
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
In line with Agreement with Intra-Africa Mobility Scheme of EACEA, the scholarship will cover:
- Round trip flight ticket and visa costs
- Tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable;
- Comprehensive travel insurance (Health, Accident and Travel) }
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period
Number of Scholarships:
10 PhD and 20 MSc scholarships are available
The grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
The GENES mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities
10 PhD and 20 MSc scholarships are available.
Are You Eligible To Apply For The 2018 GENES Scholarships Award For MSc and PhD Students?
Target Group 1: This category includes students enrolled (for M.Sc application) or graduated (for PhD application) from all partner universities as follows:
- Ebonyi State University; Nigeria
- University of Abomey-Calavi; Benin
- Jimma University; Ethiopia
- University of Yaounde 1
Target Group 2:
Students from all African countries.
Requirements for the scholarship are listed below;
- Applicants must be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Intra-Africa Mobility programme of the EACEA.
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
- Applicants must be registered/admitted to or having obtained an HEI degree (or equivalent) from one of the HEIs included in the GENES consortium (Target group 1)
- However, applicants with one-year post-B.Sc but not yet admitted or registered in any of the Partner HEIs is also eligible to apply.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How To Apply For 2018 GENES Scholarships Award For MSc and PhD Students:
Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to genes.ebsu-at-genes-intraafrica.org with a copy to Mr Dennis Okporie, okporiedennis-at-gmail.com, by 30 May 2018.
Applicants should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for GENES MSc/PhD programme’. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Other required documents are listed on the application form and include:
Interested students should click Here for more information on how to apply for the scholarship.
May 30th, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://bb8.23f.myftpupload.com/category/scholarships/