It is open for lecturers at tertiary level institutions in Jamaica.
Field of study:
The scholarship award is to study medicine, nursing and dentistry.
The scholarship will cover the following
- J1 Exchange visa
- Airline travel to and from the United States of America
- Tuition assistance in the form of a scholarship or assistantship is provided by the host university*
- A monthly stipend
- A monthly book allowance
- Health insurance (basic coverage)
Host Country of Scholarship:
Eligibility Country Of Scholarship:
Jamaica students only
Are You Eligible To Apply For The 2017 Fulbright Scholarship Program (LASPAU) for Jamaican Student?
- Applicants must have a First-class honors or upper-second class honors Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must be a Jamaican citizen currently residing in Jamaica
- Applicants must have a commitment to university lecturing
- Must be supported by nomination for the program by the applicant’s tertiary institution
- Applicants should plan to return to Jamaica on completion of their studies in the U.S.A. and contribute to the institutional strengthening and knowledge base of local tertiary institutions.
- Applicants should demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should note that supporting documents must be uploaded electronically straight to the online application. These documents include CV, Statement of Purpose, Transcripts, Passport Identification Page, two letters of Recommendation and the Nominating Institution Verification form.
Applicants should register via online application
Application Closing Date:
Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://bb8.23f.myftpupload.com/category/scholarships/