The University of Sydney is offering a Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for international students in Australia. The fellowship encourages applications from any discipline or research area. Hurry now and apply for the $98,940 University Of Sydney Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for 2018/2019academic year.
The Fellowships aim to attract outstanding early career researchers to contribute to and enhance the research strengths and culture of the university.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
Field Of study:
Fellowships are awarded to encourage applications from any discipline or research area.
A total of 10 three-year fellowships will be awarded for 2019. Recipients will receive a $98,940 per annum base salary, up to 17 percent superannuation (pension fund), a $25,000 research grant, four weeks annual leave per year (plus generous leave loading) and return airfares to relocate to Sydney. A $30,000 bonus grant will also be awarded if fellows receive an external fellowship in the first two years of their fellowship.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Fellowships are awarded to Australian and International students.
Number Of Scholarships:
10 fellowships are available.
Eligibility For The $98,940 University Of Sydney Postdoctoral Research Fellowships:
To be qualified for the fellowship, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Must have a PhD award dated no earlier than 1 January, 2013 and no later than 19 August 2018. PhD award/conferred date is defined as the date on the testamur.
- Applicants must obtain the endorsement of a proposed supervisor before applying.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants seeking to join the University from another organisation in Australia or from overseas. However, applicants currently employed at the University of Sydney or other affiliated institutions (including medical research institutes) who commenced such employment after 1 July 2017 is eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a PhD awarded by the University of Sydney may only apply if they have held a paid position with another organisation subsequent to the award of their PhD.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
- Download the relevant templates from the application link on the Fellowship page.
- Find a University of Sydney academic supervisor – A supervisor is a current University of Sydney academic who agrees to endorse your application and intends to act as your academic supervisor for the duration of your Fellowship. Please contact them directly for a brief written endorsement that indicates how you would be able to contribute to the relevant Faculty, centre or multidisciplinary initiative (see endorsement letter template).You do not need to contact the centre or initiative directors. Associate Deans of Research and Multidisciplinary Initiative Directors may also fill in the endorsement template, but must then name an academic supervisor for the candidate.
- Submit your application through the online system by 11.59pm AEST Sunday 19 August 2018.
- You will need to prepare the following documents and information:
- Curriculum Vitae including details of a PhD award, research experience, publications or research outputs (asterisk * top 5 most relevant to this application) and citations or other discipline-relevant metrics. The Curriculum Vitae should be no more than 5 pages(11-point font size);
- Evidence of a PhD award. Please include English translations if applicable;
The 2-page proposed research project (please use the template) including project title; aims, background and significance; methods and techniques; alignment of the proposed research with existing activity and the environment in the host Faculty and/or centre or multidisciplinary initiative. This section should be no more than 2 pages at 11-point font including bibliographic references. Additional pages will not be considered;
- Signed letter of endorsement from your proposed academic supervisor OR a Multidisciplinary Research Initiative Director OR Associate Dean of Research. Please use the template provided. Applications without a signed letter will not be considered.
- Career interruption details and supporting evidence if relevant.
- One referee report (please use the template provided). A referee should be selected based on their capacity to comment on the intellectual calibre and quality of your work, track record relative to opportunity, and your potential to be internationally competitive for subsequent fellowship applications (i.e. within the top 10-15% of their field).
- A nominated supervisor cannot be a referee.
Application Closing Date:
August 19, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/