The Department of Physics is offering Postdoctoral Position In Magnetospheric Physics to an outstanding student. Boost your application by been the first to apply for the Department Of Physics Postdoctoral Position In Magnetospheric Physics which aims to accomplish a breakthrough in how we perceive plasma flows in Earth’s magnetotail. The postdoctoral project will be conducted in close collaboration with scientists from the University of Colorado, the Finnish Meteorological Institute, and Shandong University, Weihai. See below for more details on the award.
Positions are awarded for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are available in the field of magnetospheric physics.
Salaries are paid on a monthly basis according to the established salary level for postdoctoral employment.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International studenst are eligible to participate for the award.
Eligibility For The Department Of Physics Postdoctoral Position In Magnetospheric Physics:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicant must have a PhD degree or a foreign degree that is deemed equivalent in space physics, magnetospheric physics or in another area relevant for the project.
- Applicants must have an extensive experience in studying space plasma phenomena by analyzing in-situ spacecraft measurements.
- Previous experience from working with ground-based data and numerical simulations is also a merit.
- Experience from conducting independent research and publishing articles in renowned scientific journals is also a merit.
- Applicants should have good skills in programming (e.g. C, Matlab and Python).
- Must also have previous experience from university teaching.
- Applicants must demonstrate high motivation and responsibility.
- Must have good social skills, and should be passionate about developing both as an individual scientist and as a space physics research team member.
- Applicant must therefore, have an ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral).
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
- A cover letter stating your interest for applying and summarizing your qualifications for the position, your previous research and teaching experience as well as your experience in the area mentioned above (maximum 5 pages).
- A description of how you intend to approach the project described above and a suggestion of a tentative research plan that fits your expertise (maximum 5 pages),
- A curriculum vitae (CV) with a publication list,
- Copies of relevant degree certificates,
- Copies of the PhD thesis and relevant publications,
- Contact information of three reference persons.
Please observe that all material must be in Swedish or English. If the material is submitted in other languages a translation to Swedish or English must be included.
Application Closing Date:
September 3, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/