Applications are currently ongoing at the University of Edmonton for Dr.Gary McPherson leadership scholarship for Canadian students. The $2,000 Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the conditions and lives of others. The recipient must have been enrolled full-time in the current academic year and be living in Alberta. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is available for the graduate programme.
Field Of study:
It is awarded in all discipline.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Canadian students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The $2,000 Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- Applicants must be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply: –
one parent or legal guardian has maintained the permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or –
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or – was married to an Alberta resident immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program: undergraduate, professional, graduate, apprenticeship, diploma or certificate program at a designated Alberta institution in the year of nomination, and
- Applicants must demonstrate an outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the lives of other people while attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Submit the following documents alongside the completed application form:
- A resume highlighting your leadership involvement and other activities related to improving the lives of other people,
- A related letter of reference, and
- An essay of up to a maximum of 1,000 words – please refer to page 2 of the application for details.
Application Closing Date:
January 25, 2019
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/