Are you a Canadian students seeking to pursue a research degree abroad? Be the first to apply for the 2018/2019 Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship. The Alberta Advanced Education, in partnership with Alberta Innovates invests in the support of academically superior graduate students undertaking full-time research education at an Alberta university, leading to a research-based master or doctoral degree. The scholarship is designed to enable promising students to succeed in Platform Areas of scientific research which are strategically important to Alberta. These areas are Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Nanotechnology, and Omics. See below for more information.
Scholarship is available to pursue Graduate degree program.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded in the field of scientific research.
The scholarship covers:
Master’s full value: $26,000
PhD full value: $31,000
Top-up value: $12,000
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Canadian students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship:
To be qualified for the award, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 3.5 GPA. The GPA will be calculated based on the current graduate program graded coursework at the University of Alberta, or, if a student is newly admitted, AGPA will be used to determine eligibility.
- Applicants applying for a master’s level must have been admitted to their master’s program no earlier than spring 2017.
- Applicants applying for a doctoral level must have been admitted to their doctoral program no earlier than spring 2015. Please note that in the case when you transfer from a master’s to a PhD program, the time spent in your master’s program counts towards the time spend in your PhD.
- Applicants cannot receive more than a total of four years of combined Master’s/doctoral Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship funding.
- Your study and research must fall into the categories funded by Alberta Innovates: ICT, Nano and Omics.
- Applicants who are not yet registered in a graduate program at UAlberta, your eligibility to apply for the Alberta Innovates GSS is contingent upon meeting all eligibility requirements for admission to a UAlberta graduate program. You should contact your prospective department for information on those requirements and must apply for this competition through that department.
- Each applicants must be sponsored by a faculty supervisor, possessing both a record of productive research within an Alberta Innovates-funded research area (ICT, Nano, Omics) and sufficient resources to ensure the satisfactory conduct of the research.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Application must contain the following:
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship Application form- ensure that both you and your supervisor have signed the application
- Two Letters of Reference: A Letter of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards Form must be completed and signed by each applicant’s referee. The confidential letter of reference may accompany the standard letter of reference form, but may not replace such. Departments are asked to ensure the letters of reference are in sealed envelopes if submitted by the applicant, or sent directly to the department if submitted by the referee. This particular form is mandatory.
- Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Incoming students: All transcripts of university degree programs submitted as part of the admission application are accessible to FGSR. No additional transcripts are required.
- Current U of A students: Up-to-date official U of A transcripts are the only transcripts FGSR requires.
- Foreign Transcripts: If FGSR does not have a certified English translation of your transcript on file, one must be submitted with the application.
Application Closing Date:
October 12, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: https://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/