Aplications are currently ongoing at the University of Guelph for the Canada graduate scholarship Master’s (CGS M) Program. Boost your application by been the first to apply for the $17,500 University Of Guelph Canada Graduate Scholarship. The scholarship is available for Canadian students.
The Program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies. See details below for more information.
It is available to study a master degree programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarship is available for all disciplines of academic study.
$17,500 for 12 months, non-renewable.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Canadian citizens are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The $17,500 University Of Guelph Canada Graduate Scholarship:
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Applicants must be enrolled in, have applied for, or will apply for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the master or doctoral level at a Canadian institution with a CGS M allocation;
- Respect the internal deadline to apply for admission to your intended program of study. Contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies (or its equivalent) at the selected Canadian institution(s) for more detailed information;
- Applicants must have completed, as of December 31 of the year of application:
- between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in the program for which you are requesting funding, which may be:
- a master’s program;
- a doctoral program that you are entering without having ever been enrolled in a master’s program (i.e., direct-entry);
- a combined masters doctoral program;
- a master’s program that will transition to an eligible doctoral program, either before or after award activation, with no master’s degree conferred (i.e., fast-track); or
- a master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before the end of the award, allowing the award to continue into an eligible doctoral program; or
- between four and 12 months of full-time study (or full-time equivalent) in a master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before activation of the award, allowing it to be activated during the subsequent doctoral program for which you are requesting funding (CIHR and NSERC only);
- Not have previously held a CGS M. For CIHR and NSERC, scholarship support for graduate studies (master’s and doctoral) is limited to a lifetime maximum of four years (48 months) of full
- If you have received the maximum support toward your graduate-level studies by any of the three federal granting agencies, you may not be eligible to apply for a CGS M;
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average**, as determined by the host institution, in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent);
- submit a maximum of one scholarship application per academic year to either CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC (the Research Portal will allow the application to be submitted to up to three institutions
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Students should refer to the CGS M Application Instructions for details on how to complete their application. Additionally, the Canadian Common CV (CCV) must be completed and the confirmation number uploaded to the CGS M application on the Research Portal.
- Online Application Form
- Applications will be reviewed and ranked by the applicant’s proposed or current academic department/school.
- The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Awards Committee will review the applications and select those that will be offered a CGS M Award at the University of Guelph.
Application Closing Date:
December 1, 2018