The International Max Planck Research School on Astrophysics at the Ludwig Maximilians University Munich is currently accepting applications for up to 25 PhD positions in various fields of astrophysics. Hurry now and apply for the 2019 PhD Positions For International Students At IMPRS On Astrophysics. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions. If you would like to boost your career and to do your PhD in one of the largest centers for Astronomy and Astrophysics in Europe, then you are right to apply for a PhD position here. See below for more details on how to apply.
Positions are available to study PhD.
Field Of study:
The following listed below are the positions awarded in various fields of astrophysics, please select your topic of interest:
- Infrared-Astronomy (MPE)
- High Energy Astrophysics (MPE)
- Optical and Interpretative Astronomy (MPE)
- Center for Astrochemical Studies (MPE)
- Extragalactic Astronomy (USM)
- Computational Astrophysics (USM)
- Stellar Astrophysics – Expanding Atmospheres of Hot Stars (USM)
- Computational Star and Planet Formation Group (USM)
- Plasma-Astrophysics (USM)
- Young Stars & Star Formation Group (USM)
- Cosmology and Structure Formation (USM)
- Extragalactic Astrophysics and Cosmology (MPA)
- High Energy Astrophysics (MPA)
- Information Field Theory (MPA)
- Supernovae (MPA)
- Stellar Astrophysics (MPA)
- From planets and star formation to stellar structure (ESO)
- From ISM, stellar populations, and clusters to galaxies and cosmology (ESO)
Successful applicants with an MSc degree will receive a work contract of about EUR 1.575 per month, (depending on family status) for a maximum period of three years if required.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Number Of Scholarships:
25 positions are available.
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Students from all over the world are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The 2019 PhD Positions For International Students At IMPRS On Astrophysics:
Tobe successful, the following must be met:
- Applicants must have a Master in Physics or Astrophysics.
- Applicants holding a Bachelor degree have to apply to the Master of Astrophysics (or Master of Physics) Program at the LMU before they can be admitted to the IMPRS PhD program to obtain a Ph.D. (Dr. rer.nat.) from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (applications are encouraged even if the degree will not be obtained before November 15, 2018).
- Applicants whose native language is not English or German are required to provide a certificate documenting proficiency in English, for example TOEFL (recommended IbT of at least 94 points) or IELTS (recommended score of at least 7 points) or equivalent. If you are unsure on that or if you have difficulties in getting the certificates in time, please contact us.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
A complete application must include the following documents:
- A fully filled-in online application form, including a list of all courses and credits/grades
- Curriculum vitae as PDF file in the upload area of the application form
- Three letters of recommendation uploaded by your referees, for more information follow the instructions in the online application form. The recommendation letter deadline is November 21th, 2018.
- Copies of all academic certificates/transcripts including High School Diploma, M.Sc., B.Sc., etc. as one PDF file in the uploaded area of the application form (originals must be presented, if you are invited for an interview)
- Copy of your M.Sc. thesis (with English abstract if the thesis is not written in English) or preliminary master thesis abstract as PDF file in the upload area
- Proof of English Language ability when applicable (e.g. transcript of TOEFL / IELTS scores or equivalent; our TOEFL Institution and Department Code is 8223). In case of the upload of your TOEFL official score report, please upload a scanned PDF file instead of the protected file provided from ETS to you.
Application Closing Date:
November 15, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: https://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/