The Saltgiant ETN at The Institute of Physics of the Globe of Paris is offering up to two ESR positions for the year 2019. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply to apply for this position. Hurry now and apply for the Institute Of Physics Of the Globe Of Paris Two ESR PhD Positions to avoid disappointment. In the case of MSCA regulations for early-stage researchers, the successful candidates will be highly competitive. Exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment. In addition to their individual scientific projects, all fellowships, which includes internships and secondments, a variety of training courses, transferable skills and active participation in field races, workshops and conferences.
These positions are available to pursue the PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Positions are awarded in support of the Saltgiant project, a rare cross-disciplinary network of natural and social scientists dedicated to understanding the formation of the Mediterranean Salt Giant, one of the largest salt deposits on Earth, and its implications for sub-seafloor microbial life, risk assessment in the oil industry, geo-economics of the Mediterranean region and the history of oceanography.
Topic: Eastern Mediterranean oil and gas discoveries, regional geopolitics and economic development issues.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Netherland and France.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to two positions are available.
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Applicants form all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Institute Of Physics Of the Globe Of Paris Two ESR PhD Positions:
To be qualified, you must adhere to the following:
- Applicant must, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree (e.g. MSc) entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate (as a PhD student)
- At the time of recruitment by the host organisation, applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Network fellows (ESRs) must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in English (both written and spoken) is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should apply by sending a mail generated automatically by clicking on the links below and must provide the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Applicant’s research and technical background as they relate to the position
- Two reference letters as PDF documents attached to the email.
Application Closing Date:
September 21, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: https://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/