The University of Hull is pleased to announce the availability of £14,553 PhD Studentship For UK/EU and International Students in Enhancing Fish and Eel Migration in Rivers through Flow Field Optimisation at Control and Pumping Stations. It is the 14th-oldest university in England and have a proud heritage of academic excellence, a history of creating and inspiring life-changing research and helps in building a better world. Funding has been provided by EU European Marine and Fisheries Fund (ENG2130), Environment Agency (FCRM and Fisheries), Internal Drainage Boards, Association of Drainage Authorities and University of Hull. See details below for more information on how to apply.
Scholarships are available to study PhD programme.
Field Of study:
This studentship is one of six in the REDEEM research cluster (Research and Development of fish and Eel Entrainment Mitigation at pumping stations) that will focus on understanding fish and eel behaviour to minimise entrainment.
For UK/EU postgraduate students the scholarship will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£14,553 in 2018/19) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress. The students will also complete modules for research and transferable skills development.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
UK/EU and international students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The £14,553 PhD Studentship For UK/EU and International Students:
To be successful, the following must be met:
- Applicants should be highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic.
- Applicants should have at least a 2.1 undergraduate degree in a relevant subject. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will have a 1stclass undergraduate degree or Masters level qualification.
- Applicants must hold a current driving licence as the role requires field site visits.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent writing and fluency in English is expected.
- Applicants will be required to work flexible hours in remote locations in the UK and other countries.
- Prospective students are expected to pursue independent research and work effectively with colleagues to contribute to cluster research goals.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applying online means you will be able to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.
Create a MyAdmin account and choose ‘Postgraduate Applicant – Create a Postgraduate Account’. If you are a current or returning student, you can use your existing account.
Click here to continue.
Application Closing Date:
September 30, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: https://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/