Applications arecurrently ongoing at the Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) the MSc Scholarships In One Health Molecular Biology For Africans at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) for the academic year 2018/2019. Students meeting the prescribed minimum qualifications are invited to apply for admission. This programme focuses on practical skills and a thorough understanding of how to apply molecular biology to One Health – an emerging discipline which promotes collaboration between specialists in the public, animal and environmental/ecosystems health sectors.
The institution is best known for offering courses and programmes widely in a field of Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Forestry, Animal Science, Wildlife Management, Tourism Management, Environmental Science, Food Science, Natural Resources, Nutrition, Rural Development, since its establishment. See below for more information.
Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded in one Health Molecular Biology.
Thirteen applicants (nine Tanzanians and four from other African countries) with outstanding academic performance will be offered with a full-time SACIDS-ACE fellowship to cover their stipend and research support. SACIDS-ACE will support these fellows using funds from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the World Bank’s Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centres of Excellence Project (ACE II).
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
African students are welcome to applt.
Eligibility For The MSc Scholarships In One Health Molecular Biology For Africans:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must be young, highly qualified, motivated and bright to undertake MSc in One Health Molecular Biology which is a regional programme catering for students from Africa and beyond. SACIDS-ACE is committed to the principle of gender equity and equal opportunity to individuals with physical disability.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in biotechnology and laboratory sciences, molecular biology and biotechnology, human or veterinary medicine, or other biological sciences.
- Applicants who hold unclassified degrees should have a credit or a distinction in molecular biology, microbiology, genetic engineering, biotechnology, immunology or biochemistry.
- Applicants must be good in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should apply for admission at SUA using the online admission system, Application forms can also be found at the Directorate of Postgraduate Studies, Research, Technology Transfer and Consultancy (DPRTC)’s website; The application must be accompanied with an application fee of TShs. 80,000/= (USD 50 for foreigners).
Application Closing Date:
October 1, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: https://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/