The Alliance Manchester Business School is delighted to announce EPSRC/BT CASE PhD Studentship In Business Informatics. EPSRC Industrial CASE Awards are flagship collaboration projects between industry and academia, aiming to create the research scientists of tomorrow and deliver real value to all stakeholders. This studentship is available for UK and EU students. A full-time PhD research studentship, including full stipend and tuition fee costs, is available for 4 years starting January 2019. See details below on how to apply.
Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Theme of the PhD projects: The increased use of mobile devices and applications allows us to connect, work and enjoy ourselves in ever richer and more engaging ways. Consumers welcome the low prices of mobile software applications, yet often fail to understand the dominating business models of monetising personal data which make this possible. Even when users are aware that individual applications have access to some part of their personal data, they fail to realise that the major risks for them come from the potential integration of data from several different applications by third parties, “piecing together” a richer profile of user’s personal data, habits and activities than possible by a single application.
The studentship will commence in January 2019 and will be available for up to four years, with a stipend equivalent to RCUK rates (£14,777 tax free for 2018/19; rates for 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 to be confirmed) plus an industrial top-up by BT of £6,000 per annum. This also covers full university tuition fees (at Home/EU level), and travel support for fieldwork, conferences and annual visits to BT Research.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
UK and EU students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The EPSRC/BT CASE PhD Studentship In Business Informatics:
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Applicant must hold both a Bachelors degree (and equivalent) and a Masters degree.
- Applicant must have a First Class or Upper Second Class (2:1) Honours degree from a UK university, or the overseas equivalent. Professional qualifications and relevant experience may be taken into account if you don’t have a Bachelors degree.
- For the Masters degree, we look for an overall grade of 65% or above; B or above; GPA of 3 or above.
- If you don’t have a Masters or are from a non-standard background, you may apply for the MRes + PhD route.
- Qualifications from non-UK institutions must be equivalent to UK qualifications. Grading schemes of some institutions may vary – please provide an official grading scheme with your transcripts.
Applicant will be exempt from providing an IELTS/TOEFL/Pearson score if he/she:
- Is a native English speaker from one of the countries listed below
- Is a current student or graduate (within the last five years) of a UK institution
- Is a current student or graduate (within the last five years) of an institution in a country where English is the first language (see list below)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria, need to demonstrate their English proficiency by taking one of the following tests:
- IELTS: 7.0 minimum overall score (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL: 100 minimum overall score on the internet-based test (with a minimum of 20 in each component) or 623 overall minimum score on the paper-based test
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 66 minimum overall score (with a minimum of 51 in each component)
In exceptional cases, an IELTS score of 6.5 (or TOEFL 594 paper-based/ 90 internet-based or PTE 59) will be considered if you can demonstrate exceptional academic achievement. However, you must have achieved the minimum component scores in your particular test.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To apply, applicant must submit an online application for the full-time PhD Business and Management programme
You should indicate in your application that you are applying for the EPSRC/BT CASE PhD Studentship in Business Informatics “Data Analytics and Decision Support for Privacy by Design”.
Application Closing Date:
October 31, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: https://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/