Application is currently ongoing for the Last Dollar Scholarships for 2019 in USA. The scholarship is a need-based award that closes the gap. It is awarded if the expected contribution of the family and the total financial aid package are lower than the participation costs. This scholarship is offered in order to help meet the needs of high school students who are experiencing financial difficulty. Applicants are advised to apply early as late applications will not be processed. See below for details on how to apply.
This scholarship as provided by private scholarship providers unmet needs or the difference between the cost of a student and the financial resources to University. To accurately determine the value of the cash prize for the last dollar, a scholarship program must be created Collect information about the student’s costs and resources.
About Philadelphia Education Fund
The Philadelphia Education Fund is looking for mentors to support and encourage students from our Scholars Program as they embark on their college journey. The Education Fund has always been known to be a leader in education for three decades, using data-driven best practices that continue to deliver exceptional results to all students and teachers in Philadelphia.
However, The Ed Fund is the most comprehensive educational organization in the city. Their innovative programs are changing the way education is delivered in our city. We eliminate the obstacles to student study and professional success. They also offer a full range of research–based programs and services developed and implemented by our experienced and experienced team. And we promote STEM education in the region.
Eligibility For The Last Dollar Scholarships 2019/2020:
To be considered for the award, applicants must:
- Complete a scholarship application
- Be admitted to a two or four-year accredited college
- Show prove of financial difficulty
- Submit a FAFSA
- The Last Dollar Scholarship is open to high school graduates from one of the following schools:
- John Bartram
- Benjamin Franklin
- University City, Gratz
- Strawberry Mansion
- Edison / Farming
- West Philadelphia
- Kensington, Gamma Parkway
- William Penn
2. Graduating high school seniors at the partner schools listed below are able to apply and receive information from their guidance counselor and may be eligible to receive scholarship money contingent on available funding:
- Thomas a. Edison High School
- Benjamin Franklin High School
- Kensington health sciences academy
- Kensington international business/finance & entrepreneurial High School
- Lankenau High School
- mastery charter at Simon Gratz High School
- Northeast High School
- parkway west High School
- Paul Robeson High School
- William l. Sayre High School
- strawberry mansion High School
In addition, applicants are required to have at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school and maintain a minimum of a 2.0 in college coursework, completing at least 67% of credit hours attempted each semester. file a FAFSA annually and complete the BCC scholarship application
Scholars can apply again for up to six years after graduation. This scholarship is provided by the Philadelphia Education Fund and hosted in USA. In other words, the Last Dollar Scholarship is open to USA citizens.
How to Apply For The Last Dollar Scholarships In USA
There are four part to this scholarship. Partial applications will not be considered.
- The “ Last Dollar Scholarship Checklist” signed by a parent or guardian and by a school official certifying cumulative GPA.
- A scholarship application including a personal statement.
- A copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) circled. The SAR can be reprinted by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and clicking “View your Student Aid Report (SAR)” under “Returning User?”
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of the financial aid award letter/email from the college you plan to attend, if available.
The scholarship deadline is not stated