The Korean Government Scholarships for 2019/2020 is currently ongoing for international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor, Masters and Ph.D degree. Scholarships are awarded to international students from African countries. Its aim is to provide international students with an opportunity to study in Korea as well as to conduct advanced studies in a higher educational institution in Korea, to developed leaders and also strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide. The scholarship is sponsored by the National Institution for International Education Development (NIIED), a branch of the ministry of Education in South Korea. Most Korean universities provides assistance with employment for international students
Korean Government Scholarships Application Form
Candidates are to pick the KGSP application form from the Korean Embassy from their host country. The scholarship is available to pursue a Bachelor’s, Masters, and Ph.D in any of the courses offered at the participating Korean higher institutions. The scholarship is to be taken in Korea. Only international students ts from African countries are eligible to apply
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must demonstrate physically fitness and mentally healthy to be able to study in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Number of Scholarships
- KGSP Undergraduate: a total of 170 grantees will be awarded annually
- KGSP Graduate: a total of 800 grantees will be awarded annually
- Flight fee
- Full Tuition
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits:
- Airplane Ticket or Airfare
- Monthly Stipend: 800,000 KRW per month
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Upon completion of study, students will be given a grant of100,000 KRW.
- Medical Insurance:
- Korean Proficiency Grants: Scholars with level 5 or 6 on TOPIK will receive 100,000 KRW won per month during the degree program.
Graduate Scholarship Benefits:
– Entry to Korea
– Return flight
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW
- Monthly Allowance
– Degree Program (Master’s or Doctoral): 900,000 KRW
– Research Program: 1,500,000 KRW
- Research Allowance
– Liberal Arts and Social Science Degrees: 210,000 KRW per semester
– Science, Technology and Engineering Degrees: 240,000 KRW per semeste
- Language Training Fees will be fully covered
- Degree Tuition: Fully covered
– up to 5 million KRW tuition will be covered by NIIED, and the amount that exceeds 5 million is covered by the host university.
- Dissertation Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
How to Apply For The Korean Government Scholarships:
All documents must be submitted to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned. The NIIED will evaluate potential candidates and notify the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
KGSP Application Deadlines:
- Graduate: February 2019 to March 2019
- For the Undergraduate program: September 2019 to October 2019 (To open in September 2019)