Applications are currently ongoing for the NNPC/Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship. Chevron Nigerian Limited in partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is awarding Undergraduate scholarship to Nigerian students. It is a fully funded scholarship that will only be awarded to suitably qualified Nigerian students. This is a great opportunity you wouldn’t want to miss out. See below for details on how to apply.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Chevron is known to be one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria and one of its largest investors. In Nigeria, Chevron operates under a joint-venture arrangement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for the onshore and offshore assets in the Niger Delta region. Chevron also has extensive interests in multi-partner deepwater operations.
Chevron takes its role as a corporate citizen in Nigeria seriously and is active in many projects that promote health, education and economic development.
Students have received grants from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation over the years, and new students tend to benefits every year from the NNPC scholarship program which many successful applicant has benefited from.
Chevron and its Agbami partners initiated the Medical and Engineering Professionals scholarship program in the year 2009. More than 15,800 college students have benefited from the program, and 310 have graduated with first-class honors.
Level/Field Of Study
It is a fully funded scholarship for second year undergraduate degree students. It is to be taken in any of the Nigerian tertiary institutions. It is open to both Nigerian and international students studying in Nigeria.
Only those in the selected courses below can apply for this scholarship:
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
Chevron in collaboration with NNPC offers good amount which ranges from N100,000 to N150,000 per session for those on the category of the Chevron engineering scholarship. The exact amount that will be awarded to students this year has not been stated.
Required Documents for NNPC/Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
- Jamb Admission Letter stating your admission
- A clearly taken passport photograph of not older than three months
- A result statement that is duly signed by the HOD or the School stating the last session CGPA
- A sworn affidavit in the case of mismatch in names or age
- Your School identity card
Eligibility For The NNPC/Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
- Must be a citizen of Nigerian or international student studying in any of the Nigerian universities in the Country.
- Candidate must be a FULL-TIME 200L undergraduate student
- Applicants must be offering any of the listed course above.
- Applicants must complete the online application process.
- Before commencing the application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- A white background passport photograph not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O’ Level result
- JAMB Result
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
- All documents must be named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during the upload process.
- When asked to upload, make sure you attach the appropriate documents
In line with our e-scholarship administration system, shortlisted students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide. Those who pass the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text message. Candidates should ensure that valid GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.
How To Apply For The NNPC/Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
All applicants must apply online. Log on to /https://scholastica.ng and follow the required steps.
August 6th 2019