Shell Scholarships For Nigerian Students is currently ongoing. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria is delighted to invite applications from suitable qualified full-time Nigerian students admitted in the 2019-2020 academic session, to apply for the 2019 Shell scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students who are in their second-year in the university. Interested students are advised to apply immediately as late applications will not be processed. This scholarship is classified into two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
The merit-based Shell scholarships are in two categories:
- The National Merit Award (NM) and – open to Nigerian undergraduates
- The Areas of Operation Merit Award – open to indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
Level/Field of Study
The Shell scholarship is available for undergraduate students. It is to be taken in Nigeria. The scholarship covers all the filed offered at Nigerian universities.
The scholarship is available to 4000 persons and winners will receive N150,000 throughout the duration of their course.
Eligibilities for the Shell Scholarships For Nigerian Students
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria who are currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Applicants must have gained admission during the 2019-2020 academic session, and pursuing a first-degree programme.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Applicants must be fully enroled in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
How to Apply for the Shell Scholarships For Nigerian Students
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- To apply, ensure you have your personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Qualified applicants should apply online at www.shellnigeria.com and provide the required documents, and upload scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- Must provide ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Applicants are required to provide letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Applicants must provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- Also required of applicants is the Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) for the Operational Area Awards (OM). Applicants should address the letter “The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt”.
- Application opens on October 2nd, 2019 and closes November 12th, 2019. The Shell scholarship is offered annually.