The Alberta Advanced Education, in partnership with Alberta Innovates initiative is currently offering the Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship. This venture invests in the support and provision of graduate awards to academically superior graduate students undertaking full-time research education at an Alberta university, leading to a research-based master or doctoral degree.
The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarships program (GSS) is designed to enable these promising students to succeed in Platform Areas of scientific research which are strategically important to Alberta. These areas are Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Nanotechnology, and Omics.
The University of Alberta which is also known as U of A and UAlberta, was founded by Alexander Cameron Rutherford in the year 1908, he was the first premier of Alberta. It is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The university’s impact on the Alberta economy is an estimated $12.3 billion annually or five percent of the province’s gross domestic product.
What You Need To Know About Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship in Canada
The Alberta Innovates Initiative has been known over the years to be the budding platform of highly innovative brains. These geniuses are found across various career paths ranging from the health sector, engineering, sciences, medicine, humanities, etc.
Aside from offering graduate awards, one other major area the Alberta Innovates Initiative has really stood out is in the area of health innovations.
The Alberta Innovates Health Solutions is a subsidiary stream of Alberta Innovates Initiative which supports and offers funding to highly viable and scalable health innovations and startups. They support a community of researchers who generate seasoned and well-informed knowledge that improves the quality of life and health across the world.
Have you a viable health innovation idea that could change the world? Please contact the Alberta Innovates Health Solutions (AIHS) for funding opportunities. Another similar opportunity like the Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship scholarship is Queen Elizabeth ii graduate scholarship.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship scholarship is available to pursue Graduate degree program at the University of Alberta . Scholarships are awarded in Scientific Research.
The scholarship can be taken in CANADA.
The scholarship is available for Canadian citizens.
Master’s full value: $26,000
PhD full value: $31,000
Top-up value: $12,000
ALBERTA INNOVATES GRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY:
- A minimum of 3.5 GPA is an eligibility requirement for all applicants. The GPA will be calculated based on the current graduate program graded coursework at the University of Alberta, or, if a student is newly admitted, AGPA will be used to determine eligibility.
- There are no citizenship restrictions on this award.
- Your study and research must fall into the categories funded by Alberta Innovates: ICT, Nano and Omics.
- If you are not a registered member in a graduate program at UAlberta, your eligibility to apply for the Alberta Innovates GSS is contingent upon meeting all eligibility requirements for admission to a UAlberta graduate program. Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective department for information on those requirements and must apply for this competition through that department.
- Each candidate must be sponsored by a faculty supervisor, possessing both a record of productive research within an Alberta Innovates-funded research area (ICT, Nano, Omics) and sufficient resources to ensure the satisfactory conduct of the research
How To Apply
Applicants must send their applications directly to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) with the University of Alberta ID.
The complete application package contains:
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship Application form- ensure that both you and your supervisor have signed the application
- Two Letters of Reference: A Letter of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards Form must be completed and signed by each applicant’s referee.
- Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Incoming students: All transcripts of university degree programs submitted as part of the admission application are accessible to FGSR. No additional transcripts are required.
- Current U of A students: The FGSR only requires up-to-date official U of A transcripts are the only transcripts.
- Foreign Transcripts: You must submit this with your application only if FGSR does not have a certified English translation of your transcript on file.
Download and complete the application form.
October 12, 2019