Applications are currently ongoing for the Oxford University Scholarships For Nigerian Students for 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship is for those who are applying to a full-time one-year master’s course within the African studies Centre at Oxford. Applicants are advised to apply immediately as late application will not be processed.
The Imperial Majesty Oba Adéyeyè Enitan Ògúnwùsì is the sole sponsor of the scholarship. The scholarship aims to provide funding to exceptional candidates pursuing the postgraduate study of Africa. There is no separate application for this award. Applicants must submit their application for graduate study before the stated deadline. Selection is done in April yearly.
The university federal system connects 38 independent colleges and six smaller halls; these close academic communities help foster the leading research that Oxford is known for. Current key priorities are the new technology and the creation of innovative, knowledge-led businesses.
Level/Field of Study:
Scholarship is awarded to pursue a Masters degree program in UK at Oxford University
Scholarships are available for Nigerian citizens, Ordinary residents of Nigeria.
The award covers course fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,777.
Eligibility For The Oxford University Scholarships:
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria or ordinary resident in Nigeria and must be applying to a full-time one-year master’s course within the African Studies Centre at Oxford university.
Standard Scholarship Selection Terms for Oxford University
Eligible applicants will be automatically considered for this scholarship unless otherwise stated.
- If you are starting a new graduate course;
- If you submit your course application on or before the January admissions deadline;
- If you are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- If your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline; and
How To Apply For The Oxford University Scholarships:
- Applicants must submit their application for graduate study on or before the January deadline as there is no separate application process for this scholarship. Selection is normally done in April yearly.
- Selection for the scholarship normally takes place between late February and June. If you have not been notified by the dates indicated in the scholarship information, assume that your application have been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback.